In Accelerate Okanagan’s latest report on the Okanagan Tech Industry, it’s no surprise that tech is growing in the BC Interior. According to a new presentation by the company, there are 693 tech businesses in the Okanagan, up 24% since 2013.
What does this mean from an economic impact standpoint? Here’s a quick snapshot:
- $1.67 Billion economic impact
- 12,474 people employed in the tech workforce (up 90% since 2013)
- 55% of the tech workforce is below the age of 35
- 693 tech companies in the Okanagan (up 24% since 2013)
- Fastest growing sector (approx. 15% per year)
Want to know more about how the Tech industry is shaping commercial real estate? Contact Meghan O’Mara at 250-712-3130 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.