The City of Kelowna would like your help to continue its drive to make Kelowna a world class city.
Over the past few years, the City of Kelowna has acquired 2 strategic sites with the goal of making the entrance to our city more beautiful. We are looking for help from the development community to enhance the curb appeal as you enter our downtown.
The past Ten years has seen a wonderful transition to our downtown, but we are just getting started. The next Ten years will see a major transition.
We are seeking expressions of interest from our development community. The goal is to find the right partner(s) to work with the City of Kelowna to improve the entrance to our city and enhance all the incredible things happening downtown.
Interested parties are encouraged to meet with HM Commercial Group and the City’s Planning Department to get a clear understanding of the desired outcome. A shortlist of proponents will be selected to advance their designs. It is important to understand, this is not a bid process, where the highest number gets the property. Strong consideration will be given for innovation in design and other civic benefits The prime goal is to enhance the entrance to our community.
- ~1.2 AC or 52,272 SF
- Max FAR 2.05
- Max net saleable area 122,839.2 SF
- Planning favours a mixed use or multi-family concept (rental or condo), or possibly a hotel
- Property was recently remediated (Certificate of Compliance to follow in 2022)
- Design preference should not feature a big block wall of a parkade structure
- Supported height would be 4 to 6 storeys
- CA1 zoning allows for Max FAR of 2.05
- Setback off Harvey/Hwy 97N is 4.5m unless Ministry of Transportation can be convinced otherwise
- Riparian setbacks from Mill Creek will necessitate an Environmental DP
- Traffic Impact Assessment (TIA) will be a requirement as part of any application
- Utilities run under the former Water Street roadway so no buildings could be built in this area
- All offers will be reviewed on October 31st, 2021
For an aerial video click here.